The Lower Kersal Young People and Community Group was set up in July 2004, to provide meaningful activities for young people and members of the community in Salford.
The group has major strands to its project work, these include;
- Cooking & Healthy eating (Including putting young people and volunteers through food safety qualification)
- Growing fruit & vegetables and promoting wellbeing through our allotment projects.
- Arts projects (Including film, drama, visual arts and creative arts)
- Community engagement events.
- Community days out.
- Sewing Knitting and Nattering group.
- Line Dancing group.
The group also offers opportunities & mentoring to any and all community members, young and old alike.
The L.K.Y.P.C.G has been funded now for several years, thanks to the kindness of Vegware, enabling us to keep our allotment project running and helping members of the community to learn new gardening skills.